Head Shave for a fresh start - Sanjeev

An experience from reader:

11 days left for the new year and I had an impulsive feeling: The hair on my head, 3 months since my last haircut was irritating and bothersome. On an impulse l decided that it was time to usher in the new year with a fresh set of hair.
Accompanied by my family, we went to a temple on the outskirts of the city. It was a weekday and so not many people were there. Tonsure was listed as a service , and I had confirmed this through the internet and by calling them.
I took the token, went to the tonsure area where a barber was waiting for me. He asked me to wet my hair and come. I wet my hair and sat in front of him. He asked me to remove my shirt. He then massaged the roots of my hair all over the head. He then pulled up a straight razor, fitted a blade and asked me to bend my head. My heart was pounding in excitement. I thought the blade would hurt but was surprised: a couple of seconds later, I felt something scraping the center of my head. My wife and mother were audiences and I could hear them saying: "It has started". Within few seconds I felt some hair fall on my backside. After a few scrapes at the back side of my head, he turned my head to the side. My wife and mom commented "partly gone, but a majority remains". The barber shaved the side with 3-5 strokes and I could feel hair fall on my shoulder. He turned my head to the other side and repeated the exercise and my other shoulder had hair on it. "The last lap" - my wife and mother commented, as the barber bent my head towards him and started shaving the front. I could feel a cool breeze at the back of my head and I could feel hair fall near my leg. As the razor cleared some area from the top, I could feel cool breeze in that region. The front portion was done in a minute or two. My wife and mother said:" Done". I lifted my head and saw their smiling faces. The barber dusted off the hair pieces from my head and body with a towel. When I felt my scalp I could feel small pieces of hair and asked him to remove that as well. He replied that it was tied to the scalp and shaving that would hurt.
I smiled and got up. The cool breeze against my entire head felt good. I applied some aloevera that I had brought with me on my head and proceeded with the rest of my activities with the fresh bald look.


Head Shave for a fresh start - Sanjeev Head Shave for a fresh start - Sanjeev Reviewed by Ritz on 08:46 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.