HS, four months before wedding - Harsha

An Experience from reader:

                                  Well, after reading the stories on this blog I thought I would share mine and here it is. I'm harsha (25 M), I was experiencing slight hair fall for over a year and it suddenly came to my mind that I have to shave my head. I was hesitant at first, I eagerly watched several head shave videos on the internet and kept postponing my head shave for several reasons ( such as visiting some places for personal reasons, festivals). Everytime I watch a headshave video, I would get nervous and postpone headshave for some reason, since I had'nt shaved my head for like 17 years and was afraid how it would look and what people would think. It wasn't well after 8 months after the initial thought of shaving my head, I actually decided to! When I shared this thought with my close friend, he finally convinced me to get a head shave. After my brothers's engagement in august, on october 3 2012, I called my barber in the morning and said that i would be at the salon at 9pm and don't close early and didn't mention anything about shaving head! After that call, i kept thinking about it and nothing else till that time. At about 8:50pm i told my father that I'm going to salon for headshave to his surprise (my mom was some place else and only came to know about it in the next morning), and took my galaxy nexus, a black beanie cap (which i purchased from myntra.com a few days ago), and money then drove off to the salon in my honda activa. As I arrived at the salon, there was guy in the chair and another one waiting next to him, so I smiled at my barber and sat by the desk reading some local paper. After about 15 minutes for the guy in the chair and another half hour for the guy next in line, it's just me sitting in the chair and my barber. Usual barber talks began and he pulled out a fresh cloth from the cabin and spread it all around me and tied to the neck. When he started combing, i said I'm going for a clean razor head shave and he was like stand still for a few seconds and asked why. It took me about 20 mins of convincing him (since i know him well and is kinda like a friend to me), and he said he would make a short haircut and if I didn't like it then he would go for the shave and I agreed ( I woud've gone for the shave either way). He started wetting the hair (it was quite long than usual) and started cutting it off for 20 minutes (much shorter than I usually go for). I looked around and I gave signal to my barber, it is time. He knew I already decided to go for shave and didn't waste time. He started wetting my hair again, only more intense this time for over 5 minutes, then he drew the razor, cleaned it with spray bottle, cut a new blade in half and inserted it in. The barber spread around a portion of my hair on the top back to make space to place the razor and started shaving it off downwards. As soon as a small portion of my hair is gone, the cool breeze swept my exposed scalp and it felt really good. He started the shaving very fast and I told him to slow down, he kept shaving slowly smiling, in about a minute the complete back of the head is bald. Then form the left half of the crown to front, then near left ear, now half my front portion shaved off. I was having mixed feelings by looking at the mirror, felt good in feeling swept by cool air, that i made a radical change but felt bad about what people would think. Anyway, he started shaving the remaining right side form right crown to front and near right year. It was all over in about 6 minutes. The barber inserted the second half of the blade and sprinkled water on the shaved head in one hand and rubbing it in the other, then started shaving again to the perfection. After that, I told him to shave lightly grown moustache, beard and the shape below the lower lip and he did. It's about 45 minutes since the barber started cutting my hair, I'm completely bald head, moustache, beard, everything sprinkling clean. I looked in the back mirror and stared at myself for a while and then covered my head with the beanie cap, paid the barber (he told me it'll grow in no time), and left for home. That night i stared again at the mirror in my room rubbing my head, then massaged it with essential oils. It felt prickly when i put my head on the pillow, (it felt like that for five days), then dozed off into oblivion!
     I had a haircut in january the following year and one again in first week of february at naturals bangalore. 
My hair size and style was just about right for my brothers marraige and it went really well! And i thought i will shave my head once again in the near future!




HS, four months before wedding - Harsha HS, four months before wedding - Harsha Reviewed by Ritz on 07:57 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.